Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mustard

Sooo....I guess that Mustard IS a Very Good Thing.  I've known this for years of course.  When everyone else had their Mayo and Tomato, or their Mayo and Ham etc., I was splattering mustard on everything.  I remember the childhood days when the Friday Night Life consisted of grabbing food from L.G.'s.  Now L.G.'s was a Wonderful little greasy spoon where I lived.  Ahhh...I can still smell that delightful smell.  And the main attraction was something called Slugburgers.  YUM!!  Its kindof meal and ...well..mostly meal...and grease lol, with a little speck of meat.   Anyway, his was the Best!
It was me, my two sisters and my Momma.  My dad had to work at night.  We would go and get this delightful Friday Feast and take it home.  My Mom and one of my sisters would get (slugs) as they were called and my other sister would always get a slaw dog and a BBQ.  I would always get two (yea, thats right two) slugs with pickle, onion and mustard....EXTRA Mustard.    The grease and the mustard would literally run down my arms.  How can I describe this to someone from up north....hmmmm.....I can't.  Trust me though it was Awesome.


My Love affair with mustard has always been slightly extreme though, always putting it where most say it should not be.  I put it noodles, on cheese and crackers, make mustard and cheese sandwiches.   But today...uh huh.... I saw a commercial speaking of the many uses of my Beloved M.    It even called for a little bit to be used in Mac and Cheese to give it  a little something.   Hence.....this wonderful and wacky blog.
Hey, try some on a veggie dog.  And ya wanna splatter it on til it just runs out everywhere  Yum, yum, yummy!!

Until the next time, which won't be long because my mind never quits
Love, Light, Hope and Peace to you all
Sheliah S. ( SheShe, Shelirious)

No comments:

Post a Comment