Friday, January 14, 2011

Buttercups in the Snow

     Have you ever seen Buttercups  (Daffodils),  or any flower  for that matter, peeking up through the snow?  Its pretty awesome right?   I mean, the cold has been freezing your reactions to daily same ole, same ole.  But then, you come upon this little thing trying its best to pierce its way out of Frosty Darkness to burst some Colorful Beauty into our lives.   I think thats amazing!
Sometimes you will see one slightly bent by the weight and the cold, but its still trying its best to push through and stand up.   Sometimes they are in a bunch, or sometimes they bloom one at a time.  Yet, they push and push their light and yellow through the cold.  I love Buttercups!!  In fact, they are my favorite flower of all.  White Roses and Lilac are next.   But Buttercups are here so very brief and their beauty is so wonderful that I am in total awe of them.  Buttercups are not quitters!  They do not give up until there is absolutely no life left
in them.   Being human..we can learn alot from nature.
Sometimes the world is so bloody cold and indifferent that it literally bends you or folds you.  Sometimes the arrows of Ice fly from every direction.  It Hurts!!  And like I have always told my daughter....Hurt Hurts!   It does not matter what kind of pain it is or what has caused it.  Never diminish or laugh at someones pain, no matter how lame you think their pain is!
We tend to lean towards giving up sometimes.  I don't think it comes from giving up for the sake of giving up, but from just being tired.....weary.   Most of the time we will just get up and keep going out of some obligation ( job or family).  Thats good!!  At least for the moment it keeps our focus in line.  But I think there is more.  I think that in each one of us is a fighting spirit of Hope that just refuses to stay down.  I think that we are built to keep on keeping on.  We, like the Buttercups, push that Light, Sunny Beauty through the Ice.
Yes....I know that many times people do give completely up.    And that is the  Most Sad thing that can happen I believe.  Because, we can never, Never do that!!  While we are here we can never do that.  As long as there is Breath, there is Hope.   And the Beauty of Gods creation bares witness to this.  It keeps pushing through.  Another thing is, and probably the most wonderful thing about these flowers is that when they have bloomed their last for the season, they are cut down by mowing  etc.   But thats not the end!!   As long as the root is in the ground planted...they come back!   They keep coming back!   Even after someone cuts them down, they come back in the Spring.  No matter how many times the Ice cuts into your heart and even brings you down.....Get Up!!
In my Blogs and in my Poems and Lyrics ( at times) you will come to the conclusion that I am probably simple and sometimes childish.  I am.  And thats me.  I probably won't change.  But what if we can see within ourselves a similarity to the creation around us.  Hope, Dream, Push, Live, Breathe and Love!!
After all look at the little Buds peeking through the Snow......They ain't giving up.  So don't you!

Light, Love, Hope and Peace
Sheliah Skelton ( SheShe, Shelirious)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog and I am happy to be your first follower! I have seen crocus and snow drops in the snow, but haven't had the joy of seeing buttercups yet! Not so common where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cordelia, I think we are similar in our Hope, Our Dreams, Love and living Happy

    ReplyDelete